Welcome to the Law Society’s Cannabis Law CPD Series, recorded September-November of 2020.
1. Review of Law and Where We Are with Legalization
2. Illicit Online Cannabis Sales
3. First Nations Jurisdiction over Cannabis
4. Labour & Employment Perspective
5. Impact of Marijuana Legalization on Insurance
6. Regulatory & Legal Issues for Commercial Producers and Processors of Hemp
7. Cannabis in the Criminal Context
In this episode, Dale Tesarowski and Cameron McKay, will take you through the legalization of cannabis in Saskatchewan: the process of legalization, the legal framework, the retail framework and recent developments and trends.
In this episode, Crystal Norbeck and Steve Seiferling will discuss about the Labour & Employment Perspective of Cannabis Law. Crystal and Steve will provide a brief background on the unique nature of marijuana, current and proposed testing methods, and when an employer can test for marijuana use....
In this episode, we welcome Sonia Eggerman and Drew Lafond both of MLT Aikins to speak about First Nations’ Jurisdiction over Cannabis. Drew and Sonia will cover a brief history of Indigenous people and cannabis, cannabis legalization and laws in Canada before shifting to First Nations jurisdicti...