CPD 343 - Making Parenting Plans: Helping Lawyers to Facilitate Resolution
Qualifies for 1.0 CPD hour.
The Divorce Act amendments (Bill C-78) and Saskatchewan Children’s Law Act 2020, reforms that came into effect in March 2021, include provisions to encourage parents to make parenting plans (or agreements) that govern parenting time, parental deci...
CPD 328.2 - Family Property Agreements Without Lawyers
Originally recorded 2022-05-26
Qualifies for .75 CPD hours
Session 2 of A Family Law Refresher
This session is a high level overview of entitlement to spousal support. It will cover:
- Foundations of spousal support
- The concept of entitlement
- Legislation (Divorce Act and The Family Maintenance Act)
- Case law on point (Indefinite, time limi...
[E1] Top 10 Family Property Cases in Saskatchewan (CPD 268.1)
Qualifies for 0.5 CPD Hour
Dealing with interim exclusive possession of the family home, determining an equal division of family property as a result of dissipation or transfer of a gift, or working through an issue along these lines? This episode will cover the 10 Saskatchew...
[E2] Income Tax Considerations in Family Law Property (CPD 268.2)
Qualifies for 1 CPD Hour
This episode will cover:
- Marginal tax brackets; how they work for individuals and the different types of incomes
- Different types of assets and the related income they create
- Court views on managing asset division; practical effects
- Valuation c...
In the world of family law litigation there are few areas more complex and daunting than the valuation and division of pension plans. For the practitioners not familiar with the nuances and actuarial language, it can be a mine field. The focus of th...